SWIM TEAM SCHEDULE
2020 Swim and Dive Team Key Dates
- January 31 – Sponsorship opens
- March 1 – Registration opens
- April 11 & 18, 8:30 am – Suit try on, Shades Cliff Pool
- May 1 – Sponsorship deadline
- May 3, 11:59pm – Suit order deadline for bulk shipping
- May 9, 8:30 am – New Athlete Orientation, Shades Cliff Park
- May 10, 11:59 pm – Registration closes
- May 23, 8:30 am – New Athlete Orientation, Shades Cliff Park
- May 26 – All practices start at regular time
- 7:15 am – 8:15 am: A Team
- 8:15 am – 8:45 am: B Team (7 & 8 year olds)
- 8:45 am – 9:15 am: B Team (9 year olds +)
- 9:15 am – 9:45 am: Guppies
- June 1 and 2 – Team Equipment Pass Out
- Swim Meets – TBA
- Dive Meets – TBA
- JSDC Dive Championships – TBA
- July 30 – Dive Team Party, Shades Cliff Pool, Tentative
- August 1& 2 – JSSC Swim Championships, Birmingham Crossplex
- Swim Team Party, Shades Cliff Pool – TBA
Note: The below is our normal practice schedule which we will resume after social distancing requirements are lifted. Please see above for current practice times.
Practices will begin the last week of school in the afternoon as follows: May 18, 19, 20, & 21 – B Team 4:00 to 4:45, A Team 5:00 to 5:45 (no practice Friday May 23rd). Guppies will begin practice at the regular time after Memorial Day.
Regular morning practice will begin on Tuesday, May 26th (no practice on May 25th in observance of Memorial Day). Regular morning practice times depend on your swimmer’s age and ability level.
Our “A Team” practices from 7:30 to 9:00 am, Monday through Friday, which includes advanced swimmers and those aged 10 and over. The “B Team” practices from 9:00 to 10:00 am, Monday through Friday, and includes swimmers who can swim 25 meters (one pool length) independently. B Team members are usually ages 10 and under and are capable of learning all four competitive swimming strokes from on-deck coaching.
“Guppies” are swimmers learning the competitive strokes from in-the-water instruction and practice from 10:00 to 10:30. Guppies are usually ages 4-7 and must be able to swim 5 to 8 meters independently before joining the swim team. If they cannot swim at least 5 meters without assistance, they are not ready to be on the competitive swim team. All guppies are expected to compete in swim meets as soon as possible (which requires swimming one length of the pool).
*Please note: All practice groups are best evaluated in person at the pool. We can easily change groups to accommodate your child’s ability level, but the final decision is up to the coaching staff.