https://mspremium.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/sites/42/2018/11/kid.jpg 960 1280 scboard https://mspremium.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/sites/42/2020/04/shades-cliff-logo-website-large-300x97.png scboard2020-02-12 20:40:092020-02-14 08:43:29Swim & Dive Team Sponsorships & Key Dates
Swim & Dive Team Sponsorships & Key Dates
In just 14 weeks, the swim and dive season will begin with our first practice. Since it is just around the corner I wanted to share a few things with you:
First, as we have done in years past, we are offering local businesses the chance to partner with our team through the sponsorship program. For a small marketing fee, the business will have the chance to advertise by proudly putting their logo on the team shirt and banner. Also they will get a high-five mention at the end of the year parties. If your business would like to participate,or you know of a business who would, please contact Jud Morrison at 205-335-9222. New this year – if you bring in a sponsor, you will receive $25 off your child(ren)’s registration when the sponsor pays. Details to follow.
Second, speaking of registration, here are the key dates for the season. Please note – the JSSC meet schedule is far from complete so those dates are subject to change.
2020 Swim and Dive Team Key Dates
- January 31 – Sponsorship opens
- March 1 – Registration opens
- April 11 & 18, 8:30 am – Suit try on, Shades Cliff Pool
- April 26, 11:59pm – Suit order deadline for bulk shipping
- May 1 – Sponsorship deadline
- May 9, 8:30 am – New Athlete Orientation, Shades Cliff Pool
- May 10, 11:59 pm – Registration closes
- May 18-21, 4 pm – A & B Team Practice
- May 26 – All Practice Start at regular time
- 7:30 am – A Team
- 9 am – B Team
- 10 am – Guppies
- June 1 and 2 – Team Equipment Pass Out
- June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; July 7 – Swim Meets Location TBA
- Dive Meets – TBA
- July 17 and 18 – JSSC Swim Championships, Birmingham Crossplex
- JSDC Dive Championships – TBA
- July 23 – Swim Team Party, Shades Cliff Pool
- July 30 – Dive Team Party, Shades Cliff Pool
Last, we have to have volunteers, especially for Stroke and Turn and Computer Operator. A couple of dads stepped up the past two years but we have to have more help. New this year – I will sign for community service hours for any student who volunteers for any position (except Starter/Referee). Give me a call to discuss how you can help.
More information and detail is to follow (yay, lots more emails!) so keep an eye out. And remember, opting out of Shades Cliff Pool emails hurts only you.
If you have any questions, please give me a call anytime.